Healthy Skincare Habits
Maintaining healthy looking skin is easier than you may think. Your daily skincare routine should be simple, time efficient and fun. At NaturoMedica, our Aesthetician, Gosia Reade can help you determine what type of skincare regimen will be most effective for your skin.
Here are some expert tips for some of the most common skin complaints.
If you have post sun dark spots and some acne breakouts:
- Cleanse twice daily
- Apply acne serums only on you areas of breakout
- Do not touch or squeeze your breakouts
- Avoid spicy food and eliminate sweets from your diet
- Use a proper SPF and oil free makeup daily and remember to reapply every few hours when you are outdoors
When you look in the mirror and see dullness and dryness:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
- Remove your makeup every night (no excuses!)
- Use a night cream specifically formulated for dry skin
- Exfoliate often
If you are concerned about your wrinkles:
- Choose specific anti-aging products to help with softening your expression lines
- Hydrate extensively AM and PM, and throughout the day if possible
- Be sure that you get plenty of Vitamin C and A in your daily diet
- Eliminate your sun exposure during peak sun times
Your face looks tired and harsh:
- Ask for skincare products with lifting and stimulating effects
- Be sure that you are getting plenty of sleep
- Avoid tobacco products and alcohol
- Relax with yoga and meditation and consume soothing herbal drinks
You are noticing loss of firmness and tightness:
In time, our skin will lose firmness. It is a natural progression of aging. This is a time to reach out to your medical and Aesthetic team for the right treatments and skincare products to achieve the optimal outcome.
You are having a difficult time choosing your foundation:
For oily skin, choose a powder base product to manage your shininess absorption. Mattifying on a label is a bonus. If you are acne-prone, look for oil-free and noncomedogenic.
For normal skin try a cream or liquid with a soft-focus finish-not too matte or dewy. Look for a Velvet finish.
For dry and sensitive skin select an illuminating liquid foundation with a shimmer feel. Opt for a fragrance-free product with a natural, subtle look that will distract from redness.